Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Peach and Blackberry Picking

I don't love humid days, but I love farmers and their orchards.  Look at the beautiful box of peaches we were able to pick today.  Yes, today.  I feel somewhat caught up now on my blog posting.  Who doesn't enjoy a freshly picked peach from the tree?

And these blackberries were so juicy.  I ate a ton.  I mean, Baby #4 did.  But I don't feel so bad.

Because this little Butterball outdoes my eating binges any day.  He would eat the berries faster than I could gather them.  And ate 2 whole peaches while we were there.

Chrysa was having a rough day.  She was thirsty and dumb me forgot to bring any water.  And she kept saying she wanted to go home and lie down because she was tired and didn't want, "sweaty hair." She must be my daughter.  I didn't like sweaty hair as a kid either.  I guess I still don't.  But it doesn't bother me when we're doing fun things like this.  What does get to me is her whining.  I guess I was doomed to have a whiny girl for a daughter since I was one myself.

It was a hot day.  But it actually rained a bit on us.  My initial instinct was to get back to the car quick.  But I was so sweaty that the cool rain actually felt good.  And since I was already so wet, I figured, we'd just keep on picking for a while.  Picking and eating.  And the rain was short anyways.  It ended just as quickly as it had come.

I think our entire day's meals consisted of nothing but fruit.  Watermelon for breakfast.  With some blender pancakes.  Peaches and blackberries.  They ate these in the car and then had more when we got home.

And this boy still wanted more food.

But I could swallow those cheeks whole.  I guess I'll love them while they last because I'm pretty sure he'll have a lengthening growth spurt soon enough and I'll miss them.


No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer