Friday, July 20, 2012

Initial Impressions Performance night and Cancun Cafe



I'm sure a lot of you know I've been working on some recreational dance projects lately.  It feels good to dance again.  Even at 4 months along, back in April roughly which was when I think this took place.  I was privileged to participate in a dance performance again for the group I've been working with: The Nap Time Dancers - a group of dancing Moms, created by and for moms and those who support that a woman should continue her artistic endeavors long after she has made it a priority to put her family responsibilities first.  So on this night, my whole family came out to support my sister Gio and I who were in this small performance Entitled Initial Impressions.  It was a collective work of mini-pieces where each dancer was inspired by a letter of the Alphabet for their choreography.  It could be a literal or abstract idea.  There were 26 dancers total from all over the nation.  Some had done video pieces from as far away as Scotland and others were there doing live performances that night.  I chose the letter F and my mini-piece was entitled "Flowering."  Gio and I were there live.  Please don't judge my poor technique too harshly.  I've had babies.  Three of them.  And I was dancing four months along with our fourth.   


After it was over, we went out to Cancun Cafe in SLC to eat ginormous burritos.


Some pics of the night.



Sure wish we'd had this high chair at the performance because this little guy kept wandering on stage to perform.  I guess that's the nice thing about a group of performing artists who have little ones.  Everyone understands the situation and no one cares.  Some moms even performed with infants in carriers.  Or in their bellies.  One way or the other, it was fun to see what moms did.  We finally got him to stay put for the night.  He was one happy guy with so much food.


Me and my supportive hubby who still struggles to understand why we dancers NEED to dance but was there for both shows regardless.  Thanks Hunny for making the effort.

All these two understand is food.  They practically ate 3/4 of this burrito on their own.  Didn't I say they were ginormous?

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer