Monday, July 23, 2012

New Hampshire Trip

I hardly get to visit this family and I wish I lived closer to them.  This is my cousin Ursula and we have so much in common I just wish we lived closer because we share so many of the same passions it would be nice to have someone around who really understands why I do things the way I do.  Preparing nutritious foods that taste good is one.  Just look at some of the fun things we make.  Pizza.  

Millet puddings.


And she's got 4 kids but here are my three with her youngest and only daughter Leah.  Hinckley would not pose for a photo.  Oh well.  At least he's in the background.

Leah hangin' out with the dandelions.

Hinckley discovers the chickens on the farm and we all discover the love to eat grass.  Interesting.

Here's Hinckley doing some more exploring.  This is a bunny cage.  But Hinckley thought it was a slide.

And this random photo is a picture of snowdrop flowers that my sweet Chrysa picked for me one day and said, "Here Mommy, these are for your wedding."  I just laughed.  I couldn't throw them out without first capturing them in a photo.

We visited with the Morrisons for almost three weeks and so our days were so exciting and busy that these two kept passing out all over.  Here Hinckley fell asleep standing next to the couch.

Not to worry.  He eventually ended up in this position while eating fruit in his sleep.  It was the funniest thing to watch.

These sweet girlie cousins happened to have the same exact dress and so we matched them up to go to church.  Aren't they the sweetest?  I had two matching flowers that I usually put in Chrysa's pigtails, so on this day we shared one with Leah and then they really had matching outfits.

Just snapping some photos after church.

And these two second cousins are the same age.  About a month apart.  They really look like siblings though.  I think they do at least.

Hinckley not being very cooperative for photos.

My Chrysa picking more flowers for "my wedding."  Maybe she means hers.  Not sure.

Someone found a baby bird that had fallen out of a nest that day.  So Orion was thrilled to be holding a little bird.


Ursula's third son Leighton couldn't stop following Hinckley around and taking care of him wherever he went.  He sure was a help.  He was always wanting to strap him into his car seat and feed him and play with him and give him baths.  There's wasn't a thing he didn't want to help with.  No joke.  He's a good big brother to his sister I'm sure.  And I think Ursula needs to have another baby for him to take care of.  

Me and my gorgeous cousin.  I'll bet you'd never guess this girl was 37.  She looks 17.  More proof that eating right keeps you young.  And this girl is such a huge inspiration to me for all that she does to feed her family right and naturally.

And here's Tom pulling the kids around on his four-wheeler all over their land.  They have lots of land out there.  It sure is a fun ride.

I'm certain he didn't realize I was taking this photo when I did.  But I'm sure he loved snuggling on the couch with all these little hooligans.

Ursula had an extra pair of pajamas that someone had given her for Leah that she gifted to Chrys.  So matching at prayer and scripture study time was a must for these two girls.  I just want to devour these two sweeties.  

After two weeks, we contemplated leaving, but somehow we managed to talk my hubby into taking a break from sales and flying out to spend one more week with us.  This is what he flew in.  Pretty small plane.

But I think he had fun taking a break.

It was very much needed for all these boys to climb a tree.  From left to right: Leighton, Tom, Orion, Logan, Alex and Luke.


Luke and Hinckley.


And then we went boating one day.  Kids loved it.  Me, well, let's just say I would enjoy this a lot more if I wasn't so pregnant.  But I did love just feeling the breeze as we boated across the lake.  The motor of the boat made me sleepy.



They have a farm with animals, a tourist pancake and ice-cream house, and a little old playground where the kids loved to swing on these strange-looking exercise swings.  I must say, I rather enjoyed them too.  So they played here a lot while we did other things around the place and I taught some classes on oils at their ice cream place.






Overall, we had a lot of fun taking a break and hanging out with cousins every day.  It was a much needed trip.  And I'm so grateful that Alex could join us for a bit too.  Usually it's so difficult for him to take a break from the summer sales thing.  


No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer