Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Someone Turned Two

Dr. Seuss was the theme I used to decorate for Hinckley's second birthday.  Since my family is full of party poopers that never show up, I decided to bring the party to them this year.  And I'm glad I did.  I'm also glad we waited to celebrate his birthday because I had family from Peru that I rarely see there and Alex's mom was in town too so she played Happy Birthday on Grandpa Joe Larson's accordian.  Sadly, Grandpa Joe has passed away.  But his music and talent live on in his daughter who now shares it with us on these random occasions.  I must say it was quite special to have Grandma Cheryl play Happy Birthday to Hinckley this year.  

 So here's the set up.  I decorated my piano.

 Since the theme was Dr. Seuss, I thought it fitting to wear a Thing 2 on his shirt so made him a fun tag.




 His little friends.  Here's Walter.

And James.  Elliot was there too with Tate and Lilly.  But I guess I didn't get pictures of everyone.  Rats.

And here's Thing 2 with his aunt Gio.  So fitting that Boy number two has turned 2.  I thought it was clever.

 Enjoying his birthday cake and vegan ice cream.



Opening presents and off to bed.

Happy Birthday sweet boy!  Hinckley James Huntington turns two.  When did that happen?  I swear I just gave birth to that boy.  Time does fly.



No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer