Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 6, 2012 aka. Election Day

I detest not being open about how I voted.  I like letting my voice be heard, no matter what others may think.  I think the term "politically incorrect" is just a fancy way to shut people up about their beliefs and to make them uncomfortable in talking about what really matters in life.  So, look away.  Judge me how you please.  I know what I stand for and I'm proud I voted and that I live in a country where we're encouraged to voice our opinions.

People say you have no right to complain if you don't vote.  Well, I did.  So I have every right to complain.  Not that I'll spend my life complaining.  But I'll keep voicing my thoughts and opinions no matter what.  Sometimes I learn.  Sometimes I teach.  But in all cases, we exchange thoughts about the important things in life.  And in the end, it really doesn't matter how you vote so long as you do it.  Of course, I will always encourage people to think like I do.  Hee hee.  That's the beauty of living in America.

 Yup, I voted.

 And so did this goof.

And she voted for Chocolate.   She may have been Veruca Salt for Halloween, but on Voting Day she became Augustus Gloop.

 And then we came home, proud to display our voting stickers.

And celebrated by making a big pot of potato lentil stew with collard greens.  Yea, I know you're totally jealous and want some.


1 comment:

Stephen said...

No, I'm not jealous. But I DO want some!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer