Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And Then the Snow Hits - A Special Tribute to Elder Derek Walker

First day of snow this year, we thought we'd take advantage of a huge snowfall since last year, it didn't seem to stick for long.  So my family, along with my two youngest siblings and my dad went to sled Friday night.  It's hard to take good pictures in the dark.  Yup, we were crazy.  But it sure was fun.  Best part was watching my 56-year-old dad wipe out over and over again.  Perhaps it was a close tie between that and hearing my little brother scream like a girl.

Hinckley goes down a slope for the first time.  Loved it.

And here's the boy who said he would never do anything in the snow.  Talk about Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  I know his number one reason for doing it though.  His former mission companion, Elder Derek Walker, who was killed in a car accident encouraged him to have some fun in the snow.  Mauricio vowed never to, until his shocking accident came to pass.  So here is my baby brother, making a snow angel for his companion Derek.  The things we can inspire others to do even in death.  We love you Elder Walker!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer