Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Back to Cleaning Up and Cleaning Out

Alex took off shortly after I gave birth.  So this is what I was up to while he was gone.  I suddenly need extra space for things since I have three boys in one room and three different sizes of clothing for them.  I began using some space in the bathroom drawers for things.  As I cleaned out those drawers, I found things there that I knew I could move into the medicine cabinet in my kitchen.  Since I've been teaching people how to make over their medicine cabinets recently, I decided to sort through my medicine cabinet because I actually hadn't seen or used anything from it for a long while.  And by a long while, I mean almost close to four years.  Most of the stuff in there was expired.  So it was easy to take all that stuff out and toss.  These are the things I most likely will never purchase again and will hopefully never need to.

All of these things, I have now replaced with homeopathic remedies, herbs, teas, green smoothies and foods.  And most of what you see in that cabinet, I have a remedy or replacement for in the form of essential oils.

 Meet my new medicine cabinet.  Looks nicer, don't you think?

And these three ancient remedies work like a charm during cold and flu season.  I wouldn't be caught without my ginger, garlic and onions, in the raw.  So, goodbye OTC's.  It's time to clean you OUT.  Hopefully, for good.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer