Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More October Randoms

My Visiting Teachers brought me this cute little gift.  Don't know if you can read the little poem but it was the most clever and spiritual Halloween treat I've ever gotten.  

A while back, my son Orion, who is into battles of all sorts, drew this.  When I asked him what it was, he explained to me that it was his family fighting bad guys and protecting our home.  My thoughts: "Gee, that looks like a nice house.  I wonder if this is a premonition of things to come."  Sure hope we don't have to defend our house from bad guys in the near future, but the way things are going in this country, you never know.  Can you find the pregnant lady with a baby inside?  That one made me laugh.  I'm see-through.  

We carve pumpkins with our neighbors and their kids for FHE night.  



I think the adults ended up doing most of the carving.  

Finished products.

I honestly have no patience for carving pumpkins, but I thought my Jack Skelington turned out pretty well.  Of course, Alex's George Washington takes the grand prize.  It's the only time of year, it seems, that Alex gets more creative than I do.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer