Saturday, April 2, 2011

Some Daily Thoughts

Well, I'm sure many of you already figured out that last post was by me, Ligia. Not Alex. I guess somehow I was signed in as him. Probably no big deal to anyone else, but for anyone that knows me, I get a nervous tick when I make errors like that. Must be some kind of OCD. Oh well. So here's my apology on that. Moving on.

I guess I just wanted to write about my excitement for General Conference this weekend. Normally, though I do look forward to it, I'm somewhat grudgingly rolling out of bed with my pen and paper to write down my thoughts as I follow the talks. Anyways, perhaps it's all the chaotic events in my life right now, but I am feeling some pretty special messages are coming our way. Not that they never do. Maybe I feel more submissive and receptive than I have felt in a very long time. I'm anxiously awaiting any words of wisdom that may give me the answers to the questions of which I've sought further understanding to. I seek to be enlightened at the moment. But I just wanted to jot down this little note because I know there are many things about my life that are rapidly changing. Some things, I'm not sure I'm ready for. But I want to be. And I'm doing my best to take in each day one at a time. Like a deep breath of life, I need to learn to appreciate each one I get. And I feel as though, I'm slowly but surely coming to a deeper level of understanding on how that works. I guess that what it all comes down to is that I'm grateful for life. I'm grateful for a good, honest husband. I'm grateful for my sweet and silly children. I'm grateful that I have my parents with me at the moment. I'm grateful for hugs. I'm grateful for the Savior and his Atonement. And I'm grateful for each breath I take and each day I have on this earth to further my own development with this mortal life.

A quick update on my Dad: He arrived here Thursday evening. He is well. Small fragments of Spanish are slowly returning to him. He remembers me a little better. Still doesn't remember my husband or my children but is enjoying them very much and it's quite endearing to see him act like one of them sometimes. It's like he's meeting them for the first time. He's absolutely in love with them. I haven't seen my Dad so happy in a long time. The stresses and burdens of the world he carried with him for so long have somehow been lost in his inability to access certain parts of his memory. He's still stubborn in some ways which definitely shows me his character is very much still alive in him. I love him the same. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

I'll try to keep more updates coming. And some back-blogging may be posted soon. I have so many things I've wanted to write about lately that I just haven't gotten around to. I love you all out there in blog land who care to follow along and keep up with our family.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Happy that your folks are there with you now. Hoping your dad's recovery continues. You've spoken mostly of cerebral issues so far: such as memory loss. How is he physically? Loss of motor function, etc.?

Keep the posts coming. I always look forward to them.

Hugs and kisses to all.

Amy said...

Glad to hear about your dad's continued improvements. I really appreciate the updates. It's nice that the stresses of the world have left him with some of that memory loss. Glad you and your family are able to enjoy spending time with him, too. :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer