Tuesday, April 12, 2011

February 24, 2011

On this date, four years ago, this little guy was born. And we named him Orion Athen Huntington. Where has the time gone? On his first birthday, we took to him to Chucky Cheese's. Probably not the best choice. For his second and third birthday's we stayed home and did something small like cupcakes and a small gift. This year, since we discussed what a calendar was and that he had a birthday coming up, he was just too excited about it for us not to throw him some kind of small birthday party. So birthday party it was. When I asked him what kind of party he wanted, he said, "A dinosaur, lizard and snake party!!!" So I did my best to throw a reptile themed party. He absolutely loves his reptiles.

When he woke up in the morning to see what sort of paper decorations I had put together for his little party, he was thrilled. And I mean thrilled. I didn't think paper could be so exciting. But apparently he thought it was. He came out of his room a little sleepy-eyed and instantly lit up with, "Mom, this is so GREAT! This is just so GREAT! It's my Birthday! THIS is JUST GREAT!!!" That's exactly how he said it.

It's amazing what you can do with cheap paper.

I don't know why some of these pics turned out so fuzzy. Oh well.

Here is a swampy smoothie with a snake in it. I know. Gummy worms have gelatin. Oh well. Maybe next year, I'll make my own gummy worms. Jk. Probably not.

These were supposed to be little green stegosaurus' on top of the cupcakes. But the raw frosting that I made last minute, just wasn't thick enough. So the little stegosaurus' didn't turn out quite right. Instead, they look just like green blobs with sliced almonds on top. Oh well. For a healthier cupcake, I think the kids liked it.

Here's the big 4.

Another fuzzy photo. But he really was so excited.

His dad was on the phone trying to talk to him after he blew out the candle, but he was just too busy.

Our little neighbor, Emerson.

Chrysalis saying Cheese.

Orion's little friend Noah playing with some party favors.

This is Walter.

My friend Pilar carrying around Hinckley for me. Noah is her little boy.

Uncle Elliot and cousin Tate.

Our little neighbor again enjoying his swamp smoothie.

My friend Suzy and Walter.

Our version of Pin the tail on the donkey. We called it Lizard Lost His Tail. Alex actually came up with the idea and thought he was so clever. Wish he had been there.



Playing with friends and opening gifts.









This silly child could not stand still for a nice photo. I suppose that's just Orion for ya.

We love him the same. Hope you had a fun day Orion. Happy Fourth Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun looking party! Your pom poms and cupcakes turned out great. That is so sweet how appreciate Orion was, too. :)

Jennie B. said...

How cute! I wish I could have seen his reaction in the morning. I love that boy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Orion!!! Looks like it was a fun party!

Rick and Eden said...

I love the lizard decorations on the wall. What a fun theme for a party.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer