Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I feel as though I'm trying to catch up on some of the things that have been happening around here since I haven't had a lot of time to post much. So this was obviously March 17, 2011 here. I'm a little behind. But I wanted to capture the kids in their green shirts.

I began to get curious as to why St. Patrick's Day is celebrated and since it's one of those things I've never researched before, I decided to find out where it came from. I found out some interesting things. There once was a catholic saint who went about teaching in Europe about the trinity. He went around all over the place, but I guess he became most loved by the Irish. Apparently, he used a three-leafed shamrock to show that the Godhead consisted of The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and that they were indeed one being. I thought that was a rather interesting piece of history I never stopped to think about before. But because I don't agree with St. Patrick, I think I will steal his clever idea to teach my children that there truly are three separate beings that are one in purpose. Where the pot of gold and rainbow came from, I'm not sure. And the big parades I'm certain arose from people wanting to celebrate one more holiday. But I suppose learning about God brought the Irish a lot of happiness and a bit of better luck. Anyone out there know why we get pinched for not wearing green? I still can't figure that one out.

In any case, Happy late St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer