Friday, April 29, 2011

Five Years Today

Some pretty flowers along with a balloon my hubby sent me from South Carolina for our Anniversary.


Five years ago today, I married the man of my dreams. Just this year I realized that I share this special anniversary with another very regal couple that I highly look up to. Any guesses? And as nice as it is to now share this anniversary with the royal couple that just got married today, I have a different couple in mind. I'll give you some hints. They were married for 67 years. In an address after his wife passed away, he stated these very words in regards to his beloved wife and the marriage they share, of which I find very inspiring:

"There is no other arrangement that meets the divine purposes of the Almighty. Man and woman are His creations. Their duality is His design. Their complementary relationships and functions are fundamental to His purposes. One is incomplete without the other."

If you guessed The Hinckleys then you're absolutely correct. Since I just discovered that this year, it's not like I planned it. Could it be just a happy little coincidence? Perhaps. But if you know me, you know that I wouldn't think of it that way. So here's to shooting for 62 more years together and living a life and marriage the way this inspiring couple did.

I love you Alex. Happy Fifth Anniversary!

4 comments:

April said...

Happy day!

Palmyra said...

Happy anniversary! Must be a good date indeed! Oh, and I loved the quote, made me tear up, sniff, sniff. Beautiful picture.

Alex said...

Happy anniversary to you too, sweetie! I miss you like crazy out here and can't wait to see you again next week!

Jenni said...

That's so neat! And I love that your little one is Hinkley. How fitting. You guys are a cute couple. Wish you many happy years ahead.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer