Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Artist Interupted

Here's to my first dance class in a long time. I don't know why I've stayed away from dance for so long. But now, that I've changed a lot of my lifestyle, I think I am now ready to return to the world of dance. When I first heard about this opportunity to attend a dance class and conference especially for Stay-at-home moms, I had to jump on it. I look back on my experience in the dance world and in college and I realize that even though I may never do the things I've always dreamed of doing with dance, I'm okay with it. I have a new goal in life. And with that goal, a new approach to what I can do with my dance education. In any case, on this particular weekend, I ran into some old friends of mine. Above I'm with the guy who taught me all about the djembe drum and dance accompaniment. Below I'm with two sweet girls who I danced with quite a bit. Both mommies now too. Lisa is a mommy of twins and was there dancing at six months pregnant. Quite the inspiration. And my good friend Lori has always been the most inspiring little dancer to me. She now has a little girl Chrysalis' age. I know, I look sweaty and gross. But it felt good to dance again. I'm really excited for this group of dancers and those who have organized it to continue. If you are a fellow dancer who hasn't heard of Artist Interupted yet, check them out on facebook. I think they're quite the inspired group of dancers putting this together.


2 comments:

Kira said...

Good for you Ligia! I know you love to dance, I'm glad you've found an opportunity to keep it up.

Jenni said...

Yay! I'm glad that you took the opportunity to do that!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer