Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Just Want a Hug

Today, along with many members of my family, and friends who have never fasted in their lives, we have gathered together to do a special fast for and on behalf of my father, Jose Sangtiago Velez. I have never believed in the power of a fast more than I do now. I am comforted today as I realize that the Lord does indeed hear our cries and prayers. He will deliver us all.

I've spent this last week in many tears but I know that everything happens for a reason. There are no such things as coincidences. And as hard as it is not to be able to embrace my dad, I know I will in the future. Hopefully, soon. All I want is one good hug.

3 comments:

Eloisa said...

Yo te mando un millon de abrazos

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel :) but...the gospel is the ones that makes us be closer to our family even when we are far away.

Palmyra said...

Hoy vamos al templo y pondremos su nombre en las listas. Que se mejore. Y siento mucho por todo lo que estas pasando.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer