Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life is a Journey. . .

We are seriously the most nomadic family in the world. During the last month, we went from Minneapolis, MN to South Shore, SD to Summit, SD and then to Sioux Falls, SD. Then we travelled to Independence Rock, WY Salt Lake City, UT Provo, UT Enoch, UT Cedar City, UT and have finally stopped in Phoenix AZ at least for the next six months. Yes we made actual stops in all these places and have lived out of our suitcases for almost a whole month. Phew, it exhausts me to even say all this.

My last post has all the more meaning to me now that we've finally been able to unpack our belongings and somewhat settle into our next home. A quote from a movie that I've seen one too many times thanks to my son comes to mind. It goes something like this: "People didn't drive to MAKE good time, they drove to HAVE a good time." Anyone want to take a guess at the movie? When driving from Provo to LA all those times after I was done with yet another semester of school, I remember driving as fast as possible barely going over the speed limit to simply get there already. My mentality was so different then. I needed to get there fast so I could relax. I have learned to take a new approach to life. I have learned that no matter where you are in life, it is what you make of it and if you're not carefully watching, you will miss it. It's amazing the clarity that comes with experience, in this case of life.

So here are some of the things that have taken place. I will probably do this in sections because I feel there is a lot I want to record and share with all who may be interested.

Packing is always stressful for me. Doing it with two little ones is never easy. But this is one of the first times I have not cried over packing again. We are making slow progress. Slow and steady. While packing clothes in Minneapolis I sat on our bed, sighed and looked out the window. This is what I saw: I tried to capture it as best I could.

It was the ray of hope I needed at that moment to remind me that God was still there and that my silly little burden was to be short lived. The skies' colors quickly changed and then there were these. Just proof to me that life is meant to be savored.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Pretty pretty pictures! I miss you guys! You are all so amazing and I really admire you!

Eloisa said...

What a beauty from nature, I can only see a present to you from God. From all your sacrifices. I know with your artistic mind how much you appreciate beauty in nature. You are very blessed to witness such beauty first hand. I love u Tesoro.

Anonymous said...

I will never forget how difficult it was to pack you up for your trips back to school Ligia. You went so be-grudgingly (spell check, so I am very proud of you that now you have become so accepting of picking up and leaving and adapting. God can be ironic at times can't he....

-Heather

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer