Sunday, October 18, 2009

While At Grandma's. . .

While in the beautiful South Dakota, Alex was hard at work on his mother's roof and so that left the rest of us to enjoy each others' company, learn some new things together, and visit the nearby parks.

Cheryl shows us how to make some delicious Vegan pizzas with all fresh herbs and tomatoes right out of her garden. I so admire her dedication to growing her own veggies and such. I long so much to be able to do this for my family all the time. Moving around and living in apartments makes this rather difficult. So here we are out in Cheryl's garden, decorating our pizzas with all things freshly picked. From left to right: Alex, Cheryl, Me, Chrysalis and her cousin Josephine.

Chrysalis bug.

My happy little girl.


At this fun park near Cheryl's house, Chrysalis has some fun.

Cheryl teaches me how to harvest Basil. I didn't do much of the work but I watched her pick it, and dry this paricular batch to use as a seasoning.

Such dedication to all her precious plants.

Alex realizes this job is gonna be gruesome.

A before shot. But I didn't get any of the after shots. Maybe I'll get some photos from Cheryl.

First destruction of the old roof.


The new roof materials arrive.

The yummy vegan blue cornbread that we gobbled down. I think Cheryl thought this would last. Silly lady.

A fuzzy photo of Alex and Orion at the Sioux Falls little cliffs. A fun little break.

Alex's cousin Blake, taking some measurements.


Cheryl gets a new awning in her backyard.

Orion plays with Cody's kids.

At the end of each day (or usually in the middle of each day) Grandma gets some very much needed rest. Cheryl, Alex took this photo. Not me. He insisted. Grandma sure knows how to work hard.

I love her laughs. Hope you all enjoy as much as I do.

Daddy takes the kiddos on a little bike ride. They absolutely love it. A family from our Bloomington ward gave us the bike carrier for free. Alex really wanted one too, so it's perfect.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Wish you were still here.

Amy said...

It's always fun getting to visit family. That basil made me hungry for Itanlian. It is my favortie herb. The bread pan with multi slots looks really neat. I have never seen one like that before. Do you know where your mother-in-law got it?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer