Friday, October 23, 2009

And then we stopped in Utah for a couple of days. . .

. . . to visit some family. For those from my side of the family who may not know, this is Clark Kimble, Alex's 24 year old cousin. Back in July, he went into the hospital with some sort of sickness no one really knew much about. All he knew was that he felt really sick and his eyes were turning yellow. Poor guy.

So it turns out he may have been attacked by some sort of virus that caused his liver to malfunction and he needed a new liver right away. He's had a liver transplant and still remains at the hospital. So the picture below shows what this poor guy has been through. Warning: It is a little gruesome. He has only recently been able to start eating foods again and has had an arduous recovery, but so far, things seem to be getting better. He's got a long way to go still and needs every prayer towards his continual healing. Anyways, his family has kept a really nice blog to keep record of the whole experience and I've attached it to my blog so you can check out Super Clark if you wish to send him well wishes. I post this to share with those who may not know this guy and also to document the experience for myself.

Clark's Incision. This picture is pretty mild compared to some others up on his blog. I guess it's something I don't want to forget. It was a little tough seeing this kid who happened to be my sister's age. I can't imagine what I'd do if I had to see any one of my younger siblings go through such a trial. Or my children. My heart goes out to Rhonda and her family. This experience sure puts life into perspective though. It just reminds me of how fragile our lives are and how we really need to strive to live up to our full potential because you never know what the road ahead has in store.

So this was us visiting Clark at the hospital. We didn't think to take a picture with Clark. He was still in a pretty critical condition then. But Rhonda snapped this shot of us on her phone. From Left to Right: Me, Orion, Alex, and Elliot. I feel so short. Ha ha.

And then while in Provo, we hung out with my sister. So here are some shots of Aunt Gio goofin' off with her niece and nephew. She had a bit of a gimpy ankle at the time so the love sac is great for romping around with kids and just laying there.

Orion taking Gio's nose.

Goofin' off. How I wish we still lived near one another. Even if Auntie does get exhausted after having my kids for only 4 hours while we unloaded and reloaded trailers. "I didn't sign up for motherhood yet Lig," says she. Well you can rest assured I'll throw this in her face the day she has her first child. In all seriousness though, we will miss living so close to you G.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer