Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Day at the Park and some Butterflies

I LOVE butterflies. So I had to share this on my blog. With my newly acquired skill of making wipey cases and hooter hiders, I made this fun little matching ensemble for my little girl and myself.
Can you blame me?

So after the the big birthday bash, we all went and spent a night at Grandpa's house of which I took no pictures. Dumb me. Then we moved down south to Grandma Cheryl's. She needed quite a bit of housing problems fixed of which Alex and some of his cousins were so generous to help. While we stayed there for three weeks, we did a little exploring and went to this beautiful butterfly house like I'd never seen before. The biggest, most beautiful and exotic looking butterflies were everywhere. It also had a fun playground for kids right next to it. Orion and Chrys had a blast. And if anyone knows me, they know how much I love butterflies. They are the prettiest things ever and I was so excited to have them fluttering all around me. So this first picture is Chrys on her way to the butterfly house.

The cute shoes she got from Heather Morris that finally fit her little feet. These are the only shoes for some reason that she doesn't kick off. She must really like them. Guess she knows good shoes when she sees them.


Some pretty flower shots.


This huge jungle gym that Alex had to climb with his son.

They had fun.

Grandma Cheryl with Chrys.

My cutie pie in a cute dress she got from Brittney Porter.

All those hungry butterflies.

Orion getting ready to go inside. Not so sure about it. But he loved it.

Of course, here is Chrysalis next to a bunch of Chrysalises.

He wasn't so sure about them landing on him, but he eventually got to liking it. He has no fear of spiders but he gets nervous around butterflies. Go figure.

Some more pretty flowers we saw.

I loved the color of this one.

And of course, here are some pretty flutterbies.


These pretty shiny blue ones were my favorite. They were about the size of my hand.

The baby chrysalis' up close. I'd been stressing out about living out of a suitcase and moving from place to place that visiting this place was just the therapy I needed. It was a very pretty and uplifting day. If you're feeling stressed, please go to a butterfly house. Enough said.



On a side note: I just now realized that my last post was my 100th post. How fitting.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I never get tired of that butterfly house.

Amy said...

Butterfly houses are relaxing... Unless you are chasing down a certain colored butterfly to get a perfect wings shot. Love this pics of Chrysalis next to the chrysalises.

Jenni said...

Wow! It was fun to see all the photos. That jungle gym looked so fun. We would have loved to climb it. Good job on your sewing skills too!

Ligia said...

I couldn't think of how to spell chrysalises in the plural. I just realized my mistake. Thanx Amy.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer