Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Revelation in a Fortune Cookie?!

Does God give revelations in fortune cookies? Since packing for our little family is about a 5 day process, and cooking is almost non-existent during these times because we're either trying to use up food so it doesn't spoil and so we don't have to throw it out, we order take-out. I love these little hole-in-the-wall Asian places because they are so yummy, so Alex picked some up one day while we were almost done packing. Naturally, he picks up four fortune cookies. One for each member of our little family. We so foolishly enjoy the little messages that come in these treats that we sometimes take them as wisdom from the heavens. Okay, not really. But on this particular occasion, the messages really did seem like wisdom from above. So much so that it was a little scary.

I had to take a photo of them as proof. Prior to opening them we had been discussing how much and I quote, "Moving stinks!" My son, since having left Pleasant Grove, has been saying, "I want to go home," a lot. My guess is that he associates home with the apartment we left behind in Utah. We had also been talking about how frustrating it was, not knowing exactly where we were going. We had decided on going to Phoenix only just a couple of weeks prior to leaving Minnesota. And even after knowing we were going to Phoenix, we continued our murmurings on how we longed to have a small little house that we could call home, to decorate and paint and all that comes with turning a house into a cozy home. Alex continued to talk of possible jobs he's looked into because while he doesn't hate sales, he does long to find a job that will provide our little family with a little more of a stable, longer-term home. So as the murmuring continued from both our parts, I finished off my stir fry and grabbed a cookie in angst. When I read it I laughed. Eagerly, I asked Alex to open his fortune. We were both somewhat stunned. When Orion opened his and we read it for him, it seemed that we were all getting advice from these fortune cookies. I don't know what Chrys' has to do with anything, but we jokingly discussed that maybe she's been dreaming about her future husband. She probably felt a little neglected because amidst all the packing, she was left on the floor to crawl around all by herself. Poor baby girl. Yes, she was fed and had her diapers changed.

Anyways, here are the fortunes. The first one was mine. The second was Orion's, third was Alex's, and the last one was Chrysalis'.

7 comments:

Amy said...

How neat. That really touched me (especially since I have the weird living situation with my husband's line of work, too). I think it was one of Heavenly Father's tender mercies like Elder Bednar talked about in General Conference April 07. You should look it up. It's a very calming, hopeful and inspiring talk.

Tiffany said...

Wow! That is pretty awesome! I hope you guys can feel settled soon. Good luck with the move! Let me know how things go!!

April said...

Far be it from me to limit how God can communicate with us! How nice.

Lig, as for the pix on our blog, take freely---I don't have any of you guys with Joe, but Carson has them. I recommend emailing him. That's how we got the ones of our fam and I took Jay's off of Kelli's FB account!

Anonymous said...

Those are great fortunes.

I would HATE all that moving, too.

Rick and Eden said...

Hi Ligia! Where in Phx are you guys? We're in the Phx area now too and maybe if you're close we could meet up!? I check in on your blog every so often and your family is adorable! I love to travel but I don't envy how many stops you've had to make recently.

Eloisa said...

I completely understand you. When I was serving a mission in Peru. I used to envy those assistants that got to travel a lot. Well, I was called to a position like an assistant to the president in welfare. So my companion and I had to traveled the entire mission. I was so tyred. Never more wished for something that looked that fun.

Elliot said...

Wow, I just figured out all the moves you guys have had since being married. 8 Moves in 3-4 years. That's is a lot of work.

We love you and continue to hope and pray for your well being and success. We will start to add a stable home/location to that list, but we might have to request that it be somewhere along the Wasatch front!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer