Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Heritage of 100 Years

It all started with one man. And of course his lovely wife who I'm sure is still watching from above. Joe Larson is Alex's Grandfather and on August 27, 2009 he turned a whopping 100 years of age.

One of his four daughters, Cheryl, happens to be my Hubby's mom. Aren't they cute. This man plays the accordian amazingly well for 100 years old. Check out the videos below.

Each one of his six children and their kids are represented by the branching of colors. From Cheryl Huntington, are the baby blue shirts. So that puts us in their category.

And here is the Huntington branch alone.

Grandpa Joe Larson with grandson Alex and great-grandaughter Chrysalis.

The seeds have surely grown.

Farming machinery make for fun photo props.

Chrys with her extended family cousin Ashlea.

The shirt was so big on him he was practically swimming in it.

My cute little offspring.

And behind her is the house where Joe and Delores Larson raised their six children.

My brother-in-law Elliot and his cute little fam. If you look closely at April's sleeve you can see the many hours of work our Aunt Rhonda put into embroidering all of our names on our shirts. Sure made us feel like we were all part of a special team. I am so delighted to have married into such a family tree.

I stole this photo from April's blog cuz I thought it was so funny. Elliot: "Orion, hug Tate." Oh the things parents do.

Do they even look related? Cousins they are.

Uncle Elliot with his niece.

A proud pop with his handsome sons. The one in the middle is mine.

I love this picture of Orion's little cousin Tate. Such a smiley stud. It was one of the most enjoyable and exhausting family reunions I've ever been to.

Can you believe this man is 100?

Roger Groff presents birthday wishes from celebrities and even presidents and queens from around the world. I only captured the last little bit of all the people that sent Joe Larson their best wishes.

Grandpa Joe can surely play that accordian. I think he is the cutest little old man alive.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Great post, Lig.

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, Grandpa Joe is adorable!

Fun family get together!!!

April said...

It was fun. It was so great to see you guys!

Gio said...

I love looking at those picture of Chrys by the farming machinery, and the one's with her and Orion. She's so beautiful and has a genuine smile! It makes me happy! :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer