Saturday, October 24, 2009

Our First Little Garden - Part 1

So here is Alex working this little box of soil that was dry and hard as a rock. And no, Alex did not do it all by himself. I actually got dirty too.

He was worried that these little plants might not grow in Arizona because the dirt was so sandy. I kept telling him they wouldn't have sold them at walmart if they didn't. So here's to experimenting. We bought some starter plants and some seeds as well. So we'll for sure have some fruit to enjoy before we have to leave.

A Cherry tomato plant and I think the small one is a bell pepper.

Jalapeno pepper and Cilantro plant and some different seeds.

Some Collard Greens and two more Tomato Plants. Wish us luck and a little bit of good weather.

1 comment:

Kira said...

Good luck with your little garden! By the way, I like the new music that plays when I open your blog ("I am a Child of God"). Miss you guys!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer