Thursday, April 15, 2010

. . . while in Salt Lake . . .

So that same night, Saturday the 27th, we spent the evening with April, Elliot and Tate. After this long day, a 10 hour drive, and all our gathering together of our stuff and our little chickens, we finally got to sit back and relax for a bit. We discussed the trip and other such things. It took us so much longer to get up there than we had anticipated because of how tired we got after only driving for two hours. And also how when we hit Kanab and all the way to about Cedar City, we were driving at about 30 miles per hour because of the most severe snow storm in late March. Crazy. There were all sorts of cliffs and we were almost completely blinded by the storm. I kept telling Alex over our walkie talkies, "You better know where you are going, because all I can see are your tail lights and that's what I'm following. So if you fall off a cliff, we're goin' with ya." Yup, it was pretty bad. I couldn't see the lines and Alex described it by saying, "I feel like we're traveling at light speed." I thought that was ironic because that's definitely what it looked like even though that's not what it felt like. The flurries were just everywhere. I wish we could have been traveling at light speed. But we made it through. We met up with our old friends Carson and Steve Burton for dinner in Cedar City at Costa Vida. And from there, the journey continued. While passing through Filmore, there's this one gas station we always fuel up at that has a little covered wagon sitting outside it. I remember pointing it out to Alex and saying, "Well, I suppose it could be worse." His serious expression quickly faded into a grin. I take the luxury of traveling by car for granted all too often. Even though I had nausea here and there while traveling, all I could think of was, "How on earth did pregnant women travel across the states in those wagons?" They must have had quite a few pillows. Anyways, this was what went through my head as we sat and enjoyed April and Elliot's new recliners. What a wonderful invention; the recliner. We then dumped the kids into the bath and I'm pretty sure Tate had a blast with his two new bath buddies.




Elliot gives them a bath. I think Alex helped too.

Then they run amuck for a bit. All in their PJ's.

I love baby PJ's.


And Elliot reads to them some stories. Is there anything this guy doesn't do to help?

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer