Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back in Provo . . .

So Alex drove the U-haul truck to Provo and I followed him in the car with the kiddos. 10 long hours of driving. If Alex could have driven us all and dragged the car behind the truck, he would have. But it turns out the truck doesn't fit two carseats inside. I've done long drives before, but somehow, after packing and trying to balance the needs of two kids, we left our little house in Arizona and drove for about two hours before calling it a night. So we found the nearest Super 8 and rested up a bit. We got to Provo roughly on Sat. March 27th around 3:00am. Since Saturday we had to get up early so that Alex could be at the AMP office for licensing, we got about 4 hours of sleep that night/morning before we all had to be up again. At least the kids got to sleep most of the ride up. I don't know how we made it through the next few days, but somehow we did. That same day, Alex's job was to unload the big moving truck of our furniture and stuff and and put it into storage. Part of that job was also getting a smaller trailer to hitch to our car so that we could take some stuff, but not a huge truck full, since that was obviously not necessary and way more expensive. I'm so glad Alex has such a wonderful big brother. Elliot was right there with him unloading and loading for about four hours. And he was kind enough to let me borrow his car so that I could take the kids with me and visit some friends to get them somewhat stimulated while we waited. So, who did we visit? Well, pictured up top, is my old roommate Debbie Thompson who recently became Debbie Rigby. I hadn't seen her since she left for her mission and was sad I couldn't be there for her wedding. Oh well. At least we got to catch up a little bit and she got to finally meet Chrys for the first time and I got to meet her sweet hubby Eric.

We also stopped by a friend's we met last year out in Minneapolis, MN. Mary and Adam Hickman and their sweet little boy Kason. He's grown a lot since we last saw him. So here are some more pictures of the kids to document their growth. Funny how last year, these kids could barely move. Actually, Kason was still in his mom's belly when I first met her. Now, they're all over the place. They really do grow too fast.

I think he looks a lot like Mary. Such sweeties.

Mary and myself here. So after all this, my silly sister started freaking out about moving because she said she still didn't feel ready to leave. She can be silly sometimes. So we went over to her place to talk her out of her silliness and help her out a bit and then we were headed back up to Salt Lake were April and Elliot live because that was where we spent the night and where we stayed the next night to get plenty of sleep for the rest of the journey. We slept well that night.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer