Monday, April 5, 2010

Garlic?

Before you begin to wonder what happened, she did not get a dropped on her head. So I saw a friend do this with her infant on one of her blogs and I had heard about the remedy but never actually tried it. Never had a need to. My kids don't seem to get very sick much anymore since we started eating more living foods. But it does happen every now and then. I just remember it happening a lot more with Orion when he was a baby and giving him antibiotics that different doctors prescribed, and somehow, they always ended in some sort of allergic reaction that was worse than the ear infection. So yes, Chrysalis got her first ear infection and it was probably very mild at first because we didn't notice. When it started to ooze out of her ear and she began to develop fevers of 102, I knew it was an ear infection and began to worry but really wanted to try the natural remedy before having to deal with doctors and antibiotics. So we made up some garlic oil (just crushed garlic in olive oil that is strained after it has seeped for a few hours, preferably ten days but in this case, a few hours was potent enough) put a few warm drops into her ear, and then taped a garlic clove to her ear like Dr. Oz recommended. She just yanked it off. So we ended up taping it all around her head so that it would stay in place throughout the night. After the first night, the fever was back down to 99.7 degrees or so. After the second night, the fever was gone and her infection had almost completely cleared up. I checked her ears myself with one of those ear things you see at the doctors office. You can get them at walmart for about $15. Good things to have handy when you have kids. But yea, I just wanted to document this experience and let other mothers know how potent and powerful raw garlic really is. It really works and even though she fidgeted with it for a while and probably thought I was crazy, she looked happier in the morning with her silly bandage on. Perfectly safe and natural and absolutely no side effects from antibiotics. So to all mothers out there looking for better cures, don't be afraid to try garlic. Even if your family thinks you're crazy. Just tell them Dr. Oz recommended it. :o)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yeah, when we were kids, my mom used to give us the garlic olive oil and I guess it really worked to clear up ear infections.
Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I tried it, too and I can back you up that it sounds crazy, but really does work!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer