Saturday, April 17, 2010

Visiting Nauvoo - Part 2

So I know this is picture overload but I know the grandparents won't mind. Here is Orion on the steps of the door to the part of the Josepeh Smith home that was attached later on. The part that is not a log cabin.

My silly son.

Probably a repeat but from my sister's camera instead.

This one's cute. Orion asks, "Who's that?" as he points to Joseph Smith. So Gio tells him who it is. And then she asks him, "Who's that?" as she points to Jesus. He of course says, "Jesus!" And then she points to the Father and asks the same thing. His response: "More Jesus!"

My cute girl and me.

The start of this whole imitating of sculptures actually began because Orion said, "Mommy, she's saying a blessing. I want to say a blessing too. So I said, "Okay, go say a blessing with her." And so he did. And of course we thought it was too cute not to take photos of.

I just like her face here.

And how cute is this hug.

This may look like a repeat but it's from Gio's camera so I had to put it up anyways cuz it was my favorite.

Imitating the sculptures some more.




Orion pretends to build a fire. He's so much like his dad it's scary. A couple years ago, Alex needed a reason to build a fire in our backyard in the snow. He found a great one. I walk outside in the freezing cold of our backyard in Provo and ask him what he's doing to get this response: "I need to discard some old garments so I have to start a bonfire." A pair of scissors just wouldn't do.

On the steps of the beautiful Nauvoo Temple.

Families really are forever.

My sister and me. Aren't we cute?


It was so peaceful being on the site of such wonderful history.

Having fun with pictures.


At the end of the day, we stopped at this cozy little hotel that has this old time feel but is no where near as gross as the cheap motel we stayed at somwhere back, in who knows what state anymore. I've lost track.

It was such a cute little town. The kind where if no one is coming to your business, you just leave the site and walk across the street to converse with your business neighbor selling books. But this cozy hotel had really yummy food. And that was end of our day in Nauvoo.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

"So I know this is picture overload but I know the grandparents won't mind."

Well! You're wrong, not overload.
Well! You're right, I don't mind.

I'm lovin' it. Thanks girl.

Amy said...

Love Nauvoo! Great pictures. You are a great photo editor, too.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer