Saturday, February 19, 2011

Preparing for the Biggest Shower I've ever Thrown

I love throwing showers and making things by hand, but when I took on this project I don't know what I was thinking. I believe both my sister Gio and her friend Yoko thought I was insane when I asked them to come over and help me cut strips of paper, ribbons, monkeys, lettering, clip corners and glue together 40 of these at 1:00am in the morning. Both Gio and Yoko went home that night seeing stripes and monkeys and I think Yoko may have had nightmares about clipping corners with craft scissors. Thanx guys for helping out this crazy mother of three. But in my opinion, they turned out really cute and were well worth the effort. Martha Stewart once said, "The quality of the invitation alone dictates the quantity a person is willing to spend on a gift." I don't know how true that is, but for my dear friend Tiffany, cutting out 80 monkeys was time well spent. Okay, maybe next time I'll keep things a little bit more simple.

But c'mon, wouldn't you be willing to spend a little more on a gift if you received such a cute invitation to a baby shower? I guess I got a little too excited and carried away. My good friends Tiffany and Robbie Hale are having their first baby. They're adopting a little boy that is due any day now.

Here was the beginnings of the diaper cake centerpiece I put together for the party. Not bad for one of my first ones. I would have kept it for myself. But that would be no fun.

I love monkeys. For the record, my house needs some serious sweeping/mopping and hasn't been vacuumed in weeks. And toilet scrubbing has not been my first priority.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer