Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Birthday!

I must admit I almost didn't do anything for Chrysalis' Birthday. It's so tempting to just say "Oh Well, It's just another birthday. They won't remember." But then, last night, I decided last minute I was throwing a party. Nothing big or fancy. Just something I know she will love to look back on and remember. So I invited a bunch of people on facebook not really expecting that anyone would come on such short notice. But a few did. And Chrysalis had fun playing with her little cousins and being the center of attention.

So, how do you decorate for a party on a tight budget? Paper and scissors. I got the little butterfly ideas off of HGTV. So I folded up a bunch of paper in half and just began cutting. The pompoms were left up from a baby shower I had just thrown and so I figured they were good for a birthday party too. I changed out some of the colors. I'll have to post some pics of the baby shower I hosted. I'll get to that soon.

Here's the vegan carrot cake I made with a raw cashew cream frosting. Tasted like cream cheese frosting to me. And everyone there seemed to like it.

Here's the birthday girl all dressed up for her party.

Enjoying her cake. This is pretty much Grandma Cheryl's recipe with vegan substitutes. Flax seeds instead of eggs, and oils instead of butters.

She liked the frosting so much, she began licking it off the candle and almost ate half the candle along with it. A little precursor to what we had been talking about right before I noticed this: "Chrysalis eats just about everything. Including raw onions and sweet potatoes." I suppose that now we can add to that "raw wax?!" She did throw up later that night. I don't think raw wax is good for you.

Serving up carrot cake with soy ice cream. Aunt April and Uncle Elliot came over with little Tate, and Alex's cousin Kristin came along with her 2 1/2 kids.

Willow, Chrysalis and Tate.



McLane was really tired and spent most of the party here. Funny little guy, but just as cute.

My girl and me.

Kristin with McLane and the Birthday Girl.

Opening up a fun gift from Cousin Taylor. Thanks Taylor.

She fell in love with this funny little hippo immediately.

And now she has a new purse to stuff with all her precious goodies.

Short and sweet but I think she had fun. Happy 2nd Birthday Chrysalis Rae!


1 comment:

Stephen said...

Happy birthday, Chrysalis. I love you.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer