Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 8th and 9th

Reminder to self: Make a post about the benefits of wheatgrass. When I eventually get around to printing out my blog into a book, I want my children to have a record of why their faces are always covered in green. Since we've been drinking a lot of wheatgrass lately, I've noticed some detox symptoms. They say that detoxing while pregnant or nursing is not wise, but I beg to differ. Who exactly is "They" anyways? While I don't encourage anyone to do an intense detox for the first time while pregnant or nursing, I believe a mostly raw, plant based diet will slowly detox the body anyways. I've noticed some interesting rashes pop up on both my own skin and Hinckley's skin lately. I've read these are all signs that your body is eliminating toxins through the skin. Many people don't realize that the skin alone eliminates close to 2 lbs. worth of toxins in the form of sweat and other bodily oils in only one day. That's quite a bit. Since it also absorbs a lot of what we put on it, I've been treating my children's skin with fresh wheatgrass juice, olive and coconut oils. After having our daily doses of wheatgrass, I've taken the liberty of smearing their wheatgrass mustaches all over their faces. It's quite the mask sometimes. But it's super healthy for the skin. So, in case you see future photos of my kids with a green mask, that's what it is and why.

Here is Chrysalis sporting her wheatgrass mask.

On the 8th, Alex's cousin Kristin came over and I invited my friend Marissa to stop by and show us how to make a few more of her super cute fabric flowers.

Here are some of the finished product. I've decided a girl can never have too many flowers. I like this one with the burned edges. I used leftover scraps from my prom dress for this flower. Never thought I'd use those for anything.




And here is Chrysalis mothering her little brother. She loves singing to him and cuddling with him.

Gotta love the messy faces.

And this smile just melts my heart.

2 comments:

Jennie B. said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of Hinckley! He is so so soooo cute!!!!! And you're right about that smile!

Alex said...

Of all our kids pictures, I think that this one of Hinckley is definitely one of my favorites, if not the favorite.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer