Thursday, October 13, 2011

Revelations

So today, Hinckley has started to take a few steps on his own without us getting him started.  He is twelve and a half months old.  Orion walked at eleven months, and Chrysalis at nine.  The interesting thing about it is that Hinckley has been physically capable of walking since about eight months.  But, even though he was physically capable, he was not ready.  I would venture to say that most parents have observed the same tendency with their children.  Prior to my little revelation, I thought that this was more of a baby tendency.  However, I've learned today that it's a human tendency.

I have a revolutionary idea that I've been "trying"to work on.  Which means I've been thinking about working on it, but haven't actually worked on it.  When I think about why I haven't done it yet, I really have no good excuses.

Here is what I now understand: I'm no different than Hinckley.  The analogy goes even further.  As we have tried to help Hinckley walk, we have used many words and gestures of encouragement.  Certainly, he doesn't understand all of our words or gestures, but I know he feels their meaning.  At the same time, I know that I don't understand and internalize everything Heavenly Father does to answer my prayers, but I can feel that he wants me to actualize my idea, or at least work towards it.

Another common trait is that, if Hinckley were only brave enough to fall, he could be walking within a day.  At the same time, if I were only brave enough to fall, I could probably have the idea up and running faster than I, or many other people, could even dream of.

How frustrating!  To understand all of this, yet to still not know how to go about doing my idea!  If anyone can give me some advice about starting up a business, or about where I can go to learn about starting up a business, I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

I don't know if this will be helpful Ligia. I've not read it. But I did a google search and came up with this.

http://www.utah.gov/business/starting.html

Alex said...

OK. So I know that everybody thinks that I've fallen off the face of the earth in blogger world, but that last post really was written by me, Alex.

Alex said...

And Elliot, thanks for the info. I'll check out the site.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer