Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ended Juice Fast a Couple Days Early

Well, today would have been day six of my juice fast but I broke it last night with a huge salad. After five days of juice, salad never tasted SO GOOD. But I've learned a couple things about myself in the process.


1. I eat emotionally a lot. And I have a tendency to eat out of boredom. Even though I was only drinking fresh juices, I wasn't starved. Yet, every time I put the kids down for naps, I almost instinctively was at the pantry searching for crackers before I remembered I wasn't eating.


2. I actually enjoy searching the Bible dictionary for interesting bits of history.


3. I like juicing with other people more than I like juicing by myself.


4. I actually have more energy when I juice and don't eat as much food. Interesting. Didn't think I would.


5. The taste of vegetable juice is actually becoming addicting and I crave it. Same with coconut water. It's really sweet. It didn't always taste so sweet to me. Probably because my taste buds were adapted to refined sugars. But it's starting to taste sweeter to me for whatever reason.


Well, that's what I've learned on my first juice/detox fast. Do I plan on doing it again. Yes. Hopefully next time, I can last a week. And my Beloved. Well, he lasted a full three days. I was quite proud of him. Didn't think he'd make it past two. But I appreciated how long he kept up. And I owe a thanks to Marissa for helping to keep me accountable.


My newest goals are to juice every day for at least one meal. I find that one juice a day is a great substitute for vitamins and minerals. And drinking it more consistently may curb my appetite a bit.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer