Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6, 2011 - Juice Fast Day 4


I'm considering breaking my fast today. Maybe not.

Interesting bit of info that I learned while reading one of my books:

"Green vegetables such as kale, cabbage, collards, and broccoli, plus some non-green vegetables such as cauliflower and turnips, are called 'cruciferous' vegetables." This I already knew. What was insightful was what followed: "They are named for their flowers, which have four equally spaced petals in the shape of a cross--hence the Latin word crucifer meaning 'cross-bearer.' "

Dr. Joel Fuhrman then proceeds to explain the important compounds of such veggies to both boost immune function and protect our cells from developing into anything cancerous.

I guess this simply struck me. I never knew what differentiated cruciferous vegetables from all others. The symbolism that can be found in plants created by deity is absolutely astonishing to me. A plant that our Divine Designer has created and that carries such a beautiful symbolic flower can heal us from everyday ailments.

Just my thoughts today. Other than that, my juicer and I have become best friends. That's all I do all day. But it's getting easier. I'm getting faster with clean-up. Oh, and Alex is on Day 3. Still doing it. Still determined. He woke up at 214 lbs. today. Down from 229 lbs. Considerable weight loss. And surprisingly, he's not starved either. I'm impressed with his commitment to all of this. It makes it easier for me.

My sweet friend Marissa is juicing with me in the mornings. She's not quite doing a sole juice fast. More of a juicing and raw foods cleanse. But I'm super proud of her discipline as well. She's keeping me on track with my own goals. Always good to have a friend tag along on difficult journeys.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer