Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011 - Juice Fast Day 1

So I've decided to start a day early. I wanted to start a day early so that I could break my fast on Sunday. I intend to break my fast with a lot of raw foods. And slowly work my way back into the heavier grains.

This will be a quick post. But wanted to keep track of my journey. Today is day one. Had my three servings of veggie juice and a whole coconut's worth of water, along with other water. So far, I feel good. Nothing great. I'm not starved. Just bored. I've discovered I tend to eat out of boredom at times. So it's hard to fill the void. Temptations are around every corner. I'm reading a lot and trying to squeeze in my bike rides and yoga.

The hardest part about doing a juice fast is having three kids who are not fasting. And since I prepare their food, it's hard not to lick my fingers when something spills on me. Mom habit I suppose. I lick everything up. Can't waste it I guess. Well. Here's to hoping day two is better. I want to enter a painting into the LDS Art thing. I think I will start working on it tomorrow. My concept has already been done before. But I want to perfect it. Perhaps I will post it later. Anyhow, this gives me a goal to work on while I fast.

2 comments:

Palmyra said...

Thanks for not thinking I'm stupid. Yesterday I went to the follow up at the Dr's office and his receptionists were brutal. I love having fresh high school graduates look down upon me. Just awesome. Would you please send me the information to my e-mail?
calebnpalmyra@gmail.com
I would be interested in how to boost the immune system.
Good luck on your fast, I sort of want to do one...lol, but I'm not brave enough! It's the taste that I can't stomach.

Palmyra said...

I am interested in all the articles, just very much more interested in the immune system. Anything you can send my way is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ligia.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer