Monday, October 17, 2011

Songs of Praise

This last General Conference Alex was asked to come join the men's choir in the priesthood session. After realizing that it meant I would almost never see my husband on Sundays because they would practice for about 3-4 hours after church, and what a fun little opportunity it would be, I told him he should go. I want my children to always remember that their Daddy sang beautiful songs of praise to our Heavenly Father on this day. It was difficult to get some good photos because the conference center is so huge. This was on their dress rehearsal night. I struggled to keep my kids from running up and down the aisles all night but somehow I managed. If you've never been able to sit right under the organ and choir, it's truly such a different experience than hearing it on television. It really feels like concourses of angels singing. When I wasn't chasing my silly children, I did get a few moments to sit and enjoy their singing. It was quite beautiful and filled my soul.

Yes, I am quite pleased with my hubby for volunteering so much of his time to sing so that many could hear and hopefully be uplifted and filled with the spirit of each hymn. And I want my babies to always remember what a great example he is to this little family.

Here, you can see him at 2:02 minutes quite clearly.

At 2:24 you can see him above the conductors head and slightly off to the right.

And between 30-38 seconds on this one.

3 comments:

Palmyra said...

That's so cool!

Stephen said...

So happy for this post, Ligia. I've watched these repeatedly. Can't get enough. It thrills me for Alex to have had that experience of being immersed in the production of such a wonderful noise. I miss it and am jealous.

What a thrill for the kids to see their Dad involved in that.

Thanks

Elliot said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer