Monday, January 31, 2011

How did they get so big?

My little boy is finally a Sunbeam. I almost cried the other day realizing that Orion's days in the nursery were at an end. He's a big boy now. His first days of Primary were a little tough. He wanted to go play with the toys. And snack time was definitely missed. But after the first couple of weeks, we told him excitedly how as a big boy, "You can sing songs, and give talks now, and learn more about Jesus, and Pray!" He seemed to get really excited about this. He asked once why Chrysalis couldn't come and we told him it was because she wasn't a big girl yet. And so he took a deep breath and really owned up to the new responsibilities and privileges that come with being a "big boy" and said, "Okay, I'm a big boy now I guess. Chrysa is too little." Sigh. His first event in primary was a Pajama Party Meet and Greet with the new teachers and after that Saturday event, he came home and said to me, "Mommy, I like Sister Bingham. I like being a big boy. I like Primary."

With a teacher that makes cute little handouts for the kids such as this crown and necklace, how could you not like primary?

And even though she is still in nursery, Chrysalis is surely learning and growing. She had become really shy in this new nursery, but our sweet neighbor who also happens to be her nursery teacher brings all sorts of crafty things to do with the kids and has really bonded with Chrysalis. She's not so shy and scared anymore.

Here she is showing off her latest sticker project. As a side note: I'd just like you to take notice of the cute little knitted sweater she's wearing. My grandmother made it for me.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

special special sweater!

Eloisa said...

There are some things you love to instill in your kids. This is one that really brought tears to my eyes. I immediatelly saw my Mom's hands working. Thanks Lig. for taking good care of it.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer