Sunday, January 9, 2011

Adventures in Sledding

My cute hubby is such a kid.

Alex shows Orion how to make snow angels.

My dad teaches Chrys how to throw snowballs.

Isn't she pretty?

My mom and Gio, just before going down the hill.


Since I grew up in Southern California, I never really went sledding much as a child. Okay, I never went sledding at all. So I'm really living it up right now. Sadly, none of this video is of me sledding. Somehow, I guess I always end up behind the camera. What can I say. I guess I'm a mom. But we really have been having fun sledding this year. And as a mom, I am always anticipating all of my children's first reactions to new experiences. It was my little girl's first time sledding and playing in the snow. She actually takes to it a little better than I remember Orion taking to it when he was the same age. He likes it a lot more now but still hates when the snow kicks up into his face. Anyone who's been sledding knows that when it's that cold, it almost burns your face as it hits.

This last week, my parents were also in town and my sister and I decided that these grandparents are just too young not to go down the slopes. We practically dragged my mom up the hill, sat her onto the sled, and shoved her down. She was about to change her mind and get up, but my dad came to the rescue and pushed them down. I guess my sister was stuck in a small dip and since my mom was leaning back, they weren't able to get going without some help. If anyone knows my mom, they know how chicken she is about doing anything daring. About six or so years ago, she went on a four wheeler with my dad in New Hampshire and to this day swears she almost died that day. Now she swears she almost broke her tailbone and spine. I'm so glad I caught this on video because I laughed so hard I was almost in tears. This is probably only funny to my family, but to see this little old lady, that is my mother, going down a slope on a sled, freaking out all the way down, is just too much for words. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Stephen said...

What fun!

Tiffany said...

That was so fun to watch! Haha, I loved it!

Russ Perkins said...

I loved the video! What program did you do that in?

Alex said...

She made it using ivideo on the mac.

Eloisa said...

What I enjoy the most is Ligia's laugh!!!

April said...

hehehehe. I must say, that picture of your mom and Gio sledding caught me off-guard. I thought your mom's foot was Gio's--midget legs. hehehehe.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer