Monday, December 6, 2010

The Ten Best Christmas Songs


A friend of mine posted up her ten favorite Christmas songs on her blog and so I felt like doing the same thing. Thanx Tiff. In my opinion, these are the best of the Christmas songs. And it was hard to narrow down to ten but I love the emotion some of these evoke. And they surely know how to draw up those old childhood memories. It's quite a diverse selection; from traditional to popular. But these are the songs that create that good old warm and fuzzy Christmas feeling deep down inside. At least for me. So here is what I narrowed it down to and why:

1. The Ukrainian Carol of the Bells (meant to be heard as choral music) Love, love, love this one. And I've recently developed a whole new appreciation for choral music. So I love this all the more.
2. Gabriel's Message or The Angel Gabriel (Love the choral version but Sting's version is fun too).
3. Do you Hear what I Hear? (I love the poetry of this oldie and the visual imagery that is created by the lyrics).
4. The Home Alone Theme Song by John Williams (genius composer in my opinion).
5. Oh Holy Night (a classic and Josh Groban's voice singing it is my favorite).
6. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (The Carpenter's version because my dad loved them so much).
7. I'll Be Home for Christmas (The Michael Buble version, because what woman doesn't love Michael Buble?)
8. Santa Baby (Because who doesn't want to ask Santa for a convertible and a yacht at some point in their lives?)
9. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Because we used to watch Home Alone a lot as kids and the Christmas party Kevin puts on is hilarious).
10. What Child is This? (Because I love playing this song on the piano).

Now I know you want to make a list too. Please do share. I've temporarily posted my favorite Christmas songs on my playlist but Gabriel's Message by Sting has a lot of other stuff after it. That was the only version I could post of it though. So after the first two minutes, you can forward on to the next songs if you are interested in hearing them. And just as my friend Tiffany said on her blog, I'm sure you can all rest well tonight now that you know this very important information about me. Ha ha. :)

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer