Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween Festivities

What do we do at Halloween time with a new baby around?
So, we didn't really dress up much for Halloween this year. Having a brand new baby sort of made it last priority I suppose. But we tried to do some fun things together as a family. Among some of these things were carving pumpkins and letting the kids get their hands dirty by pulling out the seeds. We had cousin Tate over for this and surprisingly, none of the boys were wanting to get their hands dirty. The only one willing to get messy was the girl. Go figure. So that didn't go quite as planned. Alex ended up doing all the dirty work as he tends to do every year we carve pumpkins. But it was still fun.

We met Gio's boyfriend Justin this month and were happy to have him stay with us for about a week since he was visiting from Kansas. It's always a delight to have investigators of the church to talk to, let alone come and stay with us because they happen to be in a relationship with my favorite sister Gio. Here's to hoping he's the one. He didn't even mind the itchy burlap that Gio made him wear on Halloween so that they could go to parties dressed as Dorothy and the Scarecrow. She actually put the costumes together sitting on our dining room floor. I think they were great costumes. I love how Justin turned out.

I don't know why this picture keeps turning sideways on me when I try to post it but I'm posting it anyways because Gio asked me to post the pics. At least you can see her cute red shoes in this one.

They really are cute together. Seeing them together makes me wish we'd dressed up but I was just not in the mood to put costumes together. And I actually had a cute costume idea planned that didn't really work out. I wanted to dress up Alex as Willy Wonka, the kids as Oompa Loompas and I was going to go as Violet the Blueberry but Hinckley had already come out by then. Not that I was wishing to be pregnant for longer than I was, but I thought it was the perfect idea. Me being full term as Violet. Tell me that was not perfect. Perhaps we'll save the idea for another year.

And here they are with the Munchkins.



Hinckley wearing his festive orange onesie just for the occasion. A gift from Auntie G.

Here is our cute little place displaying some holiday spirit.

This year, Alex carved an owl. When I asked him why he chose an owl, he said, "It was easy." It doesn't compare to his batman of a few years back, but it's still cute. He really is quite the talented carver. I think that my favorite was when he carved a baby carriage out of this huge pumpkin for April's baby shower even though technically it wasn't for halloween. It was for the fall decor and theme of the shower. I don't think I ever posted pics of it but it was super cute and stuffed with yummy food. I may just have to search for it to make a post of it. But take my word, it was cute. At least it was to me.


3 comments:

Stephen said...

Loved all the photos.

Nice to see Gio looking so happy. You go girl.

Jenni said...

fun photos. I like the wreath on your door. Did you make it?

April said...

Yes, it WAS. There are pictures of the while thing on our blog from way back when.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer