Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grandma Cheryl Visits

A few days after Hinckley's birth, Grandma Cheryl came to visit. Elliot and April were nice enough to fly her out to come and visit with family and friends in Utah. I'm sad that the only picture I got of her stay out here was of her holding her grandson in a pink swaddle covered with butterflies. Yes, that's a little boy in the picture. Yes, it was Chrys' old swaddle. No, I don't dress him in girl clothes, but the swaddle really does work and pink is the only one I have for a baby his size. You'd think I would already have one since I did have a boy first but here's the story: I discovered the swaddle very late with Orion so I only got a large size for him. Luckily that one is yellow. I never bought a small size because a friend let me borrow hers and then I returned it when it became too small. So when I had my little girl, tell me the pink butterflies weren't perfect for Chrysalis. I got so excited about getting that pink swaddle that I didn't think about what this would do for a boy in the future. And since Alex and I both think it's pointless and a waste of money to get a different swaddle just for the color and just for the next two months since that's probably how long it will last, then pink will just have to work for Hinckley. I think it's kind of funny that I got this picture to document this one moment and frankly I don't think he really cares. He won't remember this I'm sure, and in all honesty, it takes a real man to pull off wearing pink. Anyways, we had fun visiting and loved getting treated out to Sweet Tomatoes. It's where we went to eat on the Saturday after Hinckley was born. Best salad buffet I've ever been to. Good times to remember.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Ask me, it does a man good to start showing his feminine side at a tender age. LOL

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer