Friday, July 23, 2010

40 Days and 40 Nights Pledge

For the next 40 days and 40 nights, I pledge...I COVENANT to practice faith, hope and charity by doing these things.

First...faith. I will pray on my knees every night for the next 40 nights...starting TONIGHT. Pray for guidance, inspiration, peace...pray for the leaders of our country. Pray for their safety, and that they will receive wisdom. I will re-establish my relationship with God.

Hope...hope comes from truth. You can't have hope based on lies. If you go to the doctor and you're in the early stages of cancer, but the doctor tells you that you just have the sniffles...that's false hope, and it won't help you, in fact, it would kill you. So, we have to have honesty, to have real hope. So, I will stop all lies for the next 40 days. That includes lying to myself. I will establish a pattern of honesty and make it become habitual. I will question with boldness...everything...even the things Glenn Beck tells you every night...I will do my own research...and then pray for my own confirmation on the things I have learned. I will find out what is true in my life.

And third...I will have charity. Charity begins at home. I will do something kind for every member of your family at least once a week. I will write it down, and then do it. Also, I pledge to take notice of how blessed I really am. I live in the greatest country the world has ever known...and even the least prosperous among us, are among the wealthiest people in the world...I will be grateful.

Unless you watch Glenn Beck regularly, you are probably wondering what in the world I just copied and pasted and what this is all about. A few days ago Glenn came to realize that there were 40 days until the 8/28 Rally that will be taking place at the Lincoln Memorial. He encouraged his viewers to take a 40 day and 40 night pledge to make a more concentrated effort of practicing Faith, Hope and Charity. Since I love and agree for the most part what the man stands for, I have decided to take on the pledge. I feel only good things can come from this. If you haven't already taken this pledge, I highly encourage all readers of my blog to do this with me. Regardless of whether you can attend the 8/28 Rally or not. Like I said in my previous post, as much as I'd love to attend the rally, I'm not certain that it will be a possibility to do so, what with baby number three due and our really wanting to reach certain financial goals and all. But there are still ways for WE THE PEOPLE to make a difference. Ideas are stirring in my head at the moment that I wish to write about a little later. For now, I just want to make it known that I WILL BE a better person tomorrow than I was today.

You can find the pledge on www.glennbeck.com by the way and actually leave your signature as proof to yourself and to others of the challenges you are willing to take on in order to make that much more of a difference.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer