Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baby News

So, in case you hadn't already figured it out, we're having another little boy. We are 26 weeks along or at the end of the sixth month. We went together as a family one early morning to find out what it was and sure enough, it's quite apparent that Orion and Chrys will have a younger brother to play with now. So far, Alex has been right on the money with all three of them. Coincidence? Who knows for sure. But I think he's definitely more in tune with our spirit children long before we know what they are. I wasn't very sure. I did dream about a boy a few times and since we had already picked out a boy's name and were still undecided on a girl's, we figured it was probably meant to be that way. I still wanted to prepare myself in case it was another little girl. I know Alex really wanted another boy, so I was trying to prepare him for one just in case. But it seems that it wasn't necessary. I sort of did want another girl so that I could reuse all my cute flowers and hair bows on someone that wasn't old enough to yank them off. But we're happy Orion will have another brother he can sword fight with now. And as frivolous as it may sound, I'm excited to purchase matching ties for my two little boys and their dad to go to church in once in a while. So these next few photos are pictures of the pictures. The glare didn't help but since I can't figure out the scanner yet these will have to do for now. I think they're clear enough. But just so you can get the idea.

Hinckley's first photos. Here's his little profile.

And here's the famous ultrasound crotch shot.

A 2-D shot of the face with added color. Almost looks 3-D to me. They got some nice pics in my opinion.

I loved this shot because when the technician took the shot and paused it, Orion looked at it and said, "Oooh, it's a hand like me!" And because the screen was within his reach he placed his little hand onto it lining it up with Hinckley's. That moment was just so touching and I don't want to forget it.

And here's a pretty clear shot of his little toes. I love baby toes. What is it about their bubbly toes that are just so cute?

Anyways, as for my pregnancy. I haven't kept up too well on how it's been going. But so far, so good. I can honestly say this has been a far easier pregnancy than my last two. And I owe it all to my drastic diet change and the extra bits of exercise I've been trying to squeeze in here and there. I still need to work on consistency with my routines but that's a work in progress. I have felt a little bit extra tired and energy drained lately and since I'm prone to getting slightly anemic, I figure it's just a slight iron deficiency. On the days I make a better effort to include lots of sprouts and salads, I notice my energy levels are higher. Also, Maca root powder has helped a lot in helping me to keep my hormones balanced so I'm a lot less moody. I think. It would probably be better to ask Alex for his opinion on this since I never notice my moodiness on myself. But I enjoy the maca in my smoothies quite a bit. I'm still pretty upset that I can't find a place that sells wheatgrass out here. I told Alex that as soon as we come across a Jamba Juice on our way back to Utah, that's our first stop. I've been taking some powdered and frozen wheatgrass but I know it's not the same as freshly juiced. It looses a lot of living energy this way. I tried growing some in trays but for some odd reason I can't grow it right out here. I grew quite a bit of it out in Arizona but here the weather seems to kill it or something. Who knows. Any advice on this would help. Also, I think I need to start watching my sugar intake. I can honestly say I'm addicted to sweet things and so this one is hard when the cravings hit. But I try to make sure my sources are natural like fruits and stuff. Still, I know it's easy to consume a lot of fruit and not enough greens and veggies. I'm trying. But overall, I haven't felt as sick as before and my heartburn is very much under control and just about non-existent. Around this time with my last pregnancy I remember it getting really bad and during the last month I had to sleep almost sitting up to keep it from bothering me at night. Anyways, I grow anxious and nervous all at the same time. I want to meet this baby already but am slightly apprehensive about taking care of three little ones. Well, guess I'll figure it all out somehow.

5 comments:

Eloisa said...

Hijita, you look muy bonita, the baby is so real. You are a beautiful mommy!

Marissa said...

Ligia.....congrats on the boy! I think Orion is so darling and sweet that I love the thought of there being another little guy like him in your family.

Stephen said...

I wish I had seen this post before I talked to you last night. Maybe I could have had you decipher the crotch shot for me. I can never make head or tail of that sort of picture. Or maybe I should say front or ... Heck, I just can't get oriented. I'll have to call and have you walk me through it.

Anyway, great post. Keep the faith, if ya know what I mean!

Kira said...

Yay for another boy! Matching ties are fun. And you are looking so beautiful.

Erin said...

Ligia. Your kids are darling! I can't believe you are expecting baby #3! Orion was so tiny in Denver. Sam and I our expecting our first little one (a boy) in December, so our little guys will be super close in age. I love the great ultrasound pictures, those are seriously awesome! Hope all is going well!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer