Thursday, July 30, 2009

...Thou shalt run and not be weary, and walk and not faint...

So I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and everything, but for some reason, I don't know if he knew about go-carts when he wrote this revelation. This last Monday, we had an office party at a place called Pro-Karts in Burnsville, just outside of Bloomington. It was awesome! The carts went about 40 mph, which may not sound like much, but on a low cart with no seat belt, it's pretty quick. Anyway, we didn't take a camera with us, so unfortunately we don't have pictures of the course. It was pretty fun though.

So, to make a long story short, I was really improving my speed around the course and then we started a race. On the very first lap, I was in third or fourth place near the end of the lap. Some tool in front of me spun out and started a wreck. The car right behind him hit him and started a pile up. Then I came along and hit the car in front of me, although I managed to slow down for the most part. The driver behind me, however, some how didn't manage to see the pile up. He hit me going somewhere between 30 and 40 mph. These aren't bumper cars by the way, these are "precision instrument[s] built for speed and aerodynamics" made out of metal. When he hit me, I flew out of my chair about two and a half feet and the thing that stopped me from falling out of the car was my leg hitting the steering wheel. I think that I pulled a muscle or something. These past few days walking has been a real chore and though I'd hate to admit it, it does make me weary. Anyway, enjoy the pictures! By the way, if any of you have good ideas for treatments of this, let me know.

10 comments:

Kira said...

owwwww! You win the biggest bruise contest. It was fun though, wasn't it?

Stephen said...

Now that's a nasty bruise. Treatment? Walk it off. LOL

Probably the best treatment? Don't race go-carts. Yust yokink.

Tiffany said...

OUCH!!! That stinks! Hope you guys heal soon.

Taylor Gardner said...

Thank you for such lovely photos :) Youch.

Eloisa said...

warm compresses, daily walking excercises of walking in the same place, they are very safe, Lol!

April said...

Uhhhgg...so sorry.

April said...

You're asking if anyone knows any treatments? I thought you would know to ask mom for that!

She'll tell you comfrey, and bone tincture or something.

Call mom!

Hope you feel better and that you're okay.

April said...

PS: This is Elliot on April's account.

Gio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gio said...

Nice legs Alex...especially the purple one. Haha! I am sorry you are in pain though, that probably sucks with work. But the go carts sounded like they were fun. Too bad good "fun" always seems to neighbor the word "dangerous." Take it easy with the go carts for now. ;)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer