Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Snakes and snails and . . . Frogs?!


Leave it to my son to find every creepy, crawling thing absolutely fascinating. Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, right? He loves to find ants and even bees to poke at and just the other day, we were at the park when he found these tiny, cute little frogs to play with. They were so tiny I was afraid for them because Orion didn't seem to understand that if he held them too tightly, he would easily squish them to death. He held on to this one very tightly at times because some of the other boys he was playing with sought to take it away. Not to worry, though. No frogs were squished in the making of this film. Anyways, I guess they just come out when the ground is wet and it had previously been raining so they were everywhere. I didn't realize they could be so small and they obviously weren't babies cuz they were frogs and not tadpoles. I wonder how they survive. I must be ignorant because I thought all frogs lived in a pond or lake where there are lilly pads everywhere. I guess that's what "civilization" has taught me.


6 comments:

Stephen said...

Part of the answer regarding their survival is that these are toads instead of frogs. So watch out for warts. They do live where it is damp, but not in the water. And these are very young ones. These'll easily get to be about two inches long.

P.S. I'm just teasing about the warts. Toads DO NOT cause warts. LOL
I loved this post!

Ligia said...

Thanx for the info. I learn something new.

Tiffany said...

Cute video :)

PLEASE move to Vegas!!! I would be the happiest girl in the world. I thought you guys were planning on moving to Cedar City? Are you thinking of moving to Phoenix or Vegas permanently? Or for summer sales next year?

Gio said...

Haha! I can see your worry that he might over squeeze the froggie. The way Tiffany Velez killed my 4th Grade class hampster. It was so sad. But yeah, FYI, if you didn't read my blog, I gave you the letter "C" to work on! ;)

Gio said...

Orion's gasping makes Tiff V. and I laugh so hard! It's hilarious.

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

how fun! Frogs are fun:) thanks for your post on my blog! You caught me! I read Common Sense too:) I'll keep you posted on what I come up with. In the mean time... spread the word! I think I'm giving everyone Common Sense for Christmas!! hehe:) You family is sooo adorable! Looks like you guys are doing great!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer