Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Minnesota Landscape Arboretum

This is my attempt at using the manual settings on my little unprofessional camera. My good friend Kira and I went to the Arboretum today and found it to be a perfect spot for honing some photography skills. Okay, so these aren't like the photos that Megan put together for our little family, but I tried. If anyone has any suggestions compostionally, I'd love some constructive criticism.

She's just such a flower to me.

Bracken and Chrys. I think I really like the angle of this one.

They are just such a sweet pair of babies.

I just loved this sculpture. It encompasses everything that I felt after delivering my little girl at home.

This flower was just so huge.

Fascinated with all the water fountains that were there.

A little toad. I will miss these little guys when I leave. I think they are darling.

Quietly reflecting in the Japanese garden.

I like how this one turned out because it feels like Heaven is watching over my fragile creation.

A Waterfall that Orion was so excited to see.

Kira and Bracken.

I love their expressions in this one.

Bracken giving his sweet Mama a big kiss.

Kira took this one of us.

This rose is called the Julia Child rose.

I love purple flowers.

This rose looks as though it was splattered with paint.

Getting his little feet wet.

This time she has a real flower in her hair.

Thanx Kira for coming with me to enjoy God's most vivid creations. I really had so much fun. I love nature and all too often I walk right past it without truly appreciating its visually calming effects. Anyone with stress or depression should come here. It is absolutely beautiful. 1000 plus acres of gardens, wetlands, plant collections and woodlands. Makes me want to learn how to landscape and grow things of my own.

7 comments:

Stephen said...

I loved the photos; especially the "heavenly" one.

Stephen said...

Can't wait to see you guys.

Kira said...

Wasn't it beautiful? I'm so glad we went, especially since it's raining like crazy today. I've had so much fun with you this summer. You took some great photos by the way!

Elliot said...

I have some constructive criticism for you, nice pictures!

I'm so excited to see you guys next week!

Jenni said...

I love all of the family photos. How beautiful you all are! Lately, I have been interested in taking photos and have checked out books at the library for ideas and also just asked friends.

Also, What did you put in your green shakes? I'm always interested in healthy recipes.

kat said...

Hi Ligia, I just saw your comment on our blog. Megan told me you were in Minneapolis for the summer too, but it wasn't until right before they were moving, so I figured you guys were done too. Let me know if you are ever coming back through Minneapolis. It would be great to see you.

Tiffany said...

Pretty pretty pictures!

I wish you guys were here too. But you do what you gotta do, right? So are you in AZ yet? We'll have to get together sometime-you're right, we aren't too far away from each other!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer