Saturday, July 18, 2009

Orion Can Read

So we've started a fun reading program that I'm sure some of you might have seen on infomercials. It's called My Baby Can Read. It's supposed to help babies read from the start. It's kind of hard to see the results for Chrysalis just yet but only time will show. Orion on the other hand, isn't quite a baby anymore but is still reaping the benefits from this exciting program. Oh and by the way, for those I told it was only $15, I was misinformed. It's $15 for the trial period. The whole program with DVD's and flashcards is quite a bit more pricey but well worth it for anyone who might be interested. Here is Orion reading a few words only after two weeks of using it. Granted he is a toddler so he's a little bit older but he's getting it quite quickly if you ask me. I know these first few words, he's only memorized, but Dr. Titzer says that after the first 50 words or so, they'll actually begin to see the patterns of the letters and sounds and pick it up much easier than if we were to teach them the rules of sounding out letters later on. Not that anyone who's learned to read later on is at a loss or anything. But I myself have underestimated my own son's abilities at this age and have been pleasantly surprised. I'll be sure to post progress as I see it in future blogs. So far, so good. And it's not difficult and makes reading a game for them.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

This is cool! Reading is so-o-o important. I hope he continues to have fun with it and really learns to love it.

Jenni said...

Wow! You'll have to let us know how it goes. That's exciting.
Oh, and did you make the cute hot pink flower bow? I love it!

Eloisa said...

Hijita, I am so proud of you and Alex. You are certainly applying the best method of learning to Orion. When a child thinks he is playing there is no limit to his learning. At this age they are sponges, absorbing everything that is put in their way. Congratulations to both of you.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer