Friday, July 24, 2009

The First Few Words I'll Teach My Pup.....

Anyone ever read this book as a child? It was one of my favorites and it encompasses how I feel right now about Orion learning to read. I'm the master and Orion is my pup.

So, I hope this doesn't come across as, "Mom showing off what her son can do." Though I can't deny I'm pleased with this, I post this as an update to how we are doing with the Your Baby Can Read Program. The more we play, the more he learns and it's not hard at all. I know our kids don't come with a direction manual and sometimes we get lost as to how to approach teaching them certain concepts, so when helpful tools come along in life, we need to spread the word right? This is one of those that is definitely worth it. Anyone interested in making a good investment toward educating your children and helping them learn how to read in a fun way, call 1-888-READ-888. I thought teaching my son how to read was going to be a hard thing. These are only the results of him watching the videos a couple times a week for the last three weeks. Look at me, I sound like the infomercial now. But I really think the trick is to start them as young as possible. It's actually supposed to teach younger babies but it usually takes a little longer to see the results with babies just learning the fine motor skills of the tongue. But as long as their eyes can track from one side to the other, which usually starts at around 3 months of age, they can start these short word videos. Since Orion is already 2 years and 5 months, he's just flying through the program. Anyways, I think this short video pretty much speaks for itself. Hope you enjoy. And if you get the program and love it like I do, pass the word to other moms.



3 comments:

Elliot said...

Orion and Chrys are growing so fast! I can't wait to see them in less than a month!

I think its so cool that Orion is reading! Way to go Orion!

Chrys looks so cute in all the pictures and videos you've posted.

April said...

I echo Elliot.

Cheryl Huntington said...

This is absolutely unbelievable to me! Grandma Huntington is in awe! Congratulations, Orion--way to go!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer