Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Como Zoo

Here we are at the Como Zoo for the second time but this time we actually got to see some animals. We went on Sunday as a little family with some friends and since it was free, we didn't feel as guilty. We were "connecting with nature." "Enjoying God's creations." :OP

Our little family.

My girl and me and some flamingos.

It's hard to see in this picture but Chrysalis is discovering the world of butterflies. Here is a big one but it was fluttering so much you can barely see it.

So fitting for a Chrysalis to be inside a tent of butterflies.

They loved all the different varieties.

My cute boys in their somewhat matching outfits on matching giraffes.

A Cacao tree. Chocolate anyone? I want to grow one of these for myself.

I beautiful leopard.

"Mufasa! I said Que Pasa?!"

My son was more intrigued by the bug on the window than by the Giant Tiger behind it. Go figure.

Tigers are big. I didn't realize they were actually bigger than lions. At least this one was.

This baby Orangutang was playing with this stick and so the picture I captured made it look like a little old man smoking away. They start young I guess. What is this world coming to?

3 comments:

Kira said...

You took some great pictures! We love hanging out with you guys. I especially liked the picture with Orion and the tiger and the story of how he paid more attention to the bug on the window. Cute!

Alex said...

I can no longer support Como Zoo after seeing that they have caved to the overwhelming pressure of 'big tobacco' and are now endorsing smoking, however indirectly that may be.

Eloisa said...

Tesoro, again taking the kids to the zoo is so important at this age. I am so glad you are able to do it. By the way, I love the picture of you and Chrysalis in front of the Seal. The baby is so cute. And you Lig. have one of your pritiest pictures there. It must be the white teeth. I don't know. You are a beauty qween!!!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer