Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

We started off the day by running a 5K with members from our ward. Technically, my friend Kira and I ran it. The husbands and kids just watched. Well, they set up tables for the ward breakfast so I guess they got their exercise in too. My legs feel like they're gonna fall off. I swear I ran a marathon. This is just to show how out of shape I am. But I think I'm gonna run more often. Anyways, it was nice to have finished it at least. After two kids, I don't think I did too bad.

Then I went home to make these fun, little tarts to share at the BBQ we went to later with some of the other families from our company.

In between all this, Chrysalis found some time to nap. Poor little thing must have been tired with all extra sensory stimulus she experienced.

The guys BBQued.

Our friends the Porters dressed their little girl in the same outfit we dressed Chrys in. No, we didn't plan this. We just both shop at Wally World.

Here are the outfits I picked out for my little family to be more patriotic in.

Later, we set off some fireworks with out friends Brian and Kira and their little boy Bracken. He seemed a little frightened at first with all the noise but I think he liked the sparklers.

Chrysalis experiences some sparklers for the first time. The noise didn't phase her. Too much to oooooh and awwwwe at.

Orion liked all the fireworks. Until he slightly burned his finger on the sparklers. No biggie though. He got over it quick.

This is the aftermath of it all. As we walked home from the park at around eleven-o-clock, I guess their little eyes just couldn't stay open any longer. Happy Birthday America! Despite all that is going on with the government, it's still nice to be able to celebrate the principles upon which this country was founded. May we always remember to stand up for her. I truly believe her founding fathers were inspired men. Inspired by God. We are one nation, under God, indivisible, with Libery and Justice for all. "I pledge allegiance to the frog of the United States of America. And to the wee puppets, for witches hands, one nation, under God, invisible, with little tea and just rice for all." Anyone who's read A Jar of Dreams will get this one.


1 comment:

Kira said...

That was a fun day! I'm still a little sore from our run, but it was fun. And thanks for taking the fireworks picture with us and Bracken.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer