Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Curious Child

I love this photo. Lately, my little girl has become quite curious. I believe this photo really captures that look of questioning. Every moment I make googly faces at her, she reaches up to touch my face. I like to get up close a lot and sometimes I tend to get too close. Her little nails dig into my cheeks with such gusto. When I don't clip her fingernails, this can become somewhat uncomfortable, but it's through her curious eyes that I am able to rediscover the world. She reaches out to KNOW me. She wants to understand who and what I am. I begin to wonder how she sees me. I know how I see me. But I wonder how SHE sees me. She's not critical. She never makes me feel self-conscious. As cliche as it may sound, to the world, I may be just one little person, but to this one little person, at this precious time in her life, I AM the world. I am HER world. I am her whole world. And I hope that in some small way, I can preserve this precious moment in time. How I long to feel like a curious child. I know what it means now to "be as a little child." I know the Lord longs for us to further our own understanding of who and what he is. May we all find the curious child that dwells within us.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Isn't it wonderous?

April said...

Oh Ligia, this is lovely. I am feeling emotional about Tate growing up so quickly...and this got me going again!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer