Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take Flight


Music: Flight of the Bumblebee by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Choreography: Ligia Huntington

Some days a simple outing to the park with my children leaves me feeling more than frazzled.  As my young children take flight to explore this world, I'm often left wondering why God didn't bless me with an extra pair of arms. I could get so much more done that way. That crazy out-of-control feeling was my inspiration (as I'm sure most other moms can relate), so that's what I tried to capture with my silly dance on film. Plus, I was really yearning to somehow artistically string together the simple pedestrian movement of my kids. I explored the movement with many different kinds of music, but somehow kept coming back to Flight of the Bumblebee. So I figured, it fit.


Untitled from Ligia Huntington on Vimeo.


2 comments:

Stephen said...

Oh thanks, Ligia. I loved this.

Tiffany said...

This is perfect. I loved how you put the kids in the video too. You're so creative!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer