Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Sweet Spirit

They say children are special spirits. I truly believe they are. In just the last few months, Orion's drawings have really developed and now seem to have significant meaning. Perhaps this is something only I, myself as his mother will ever truly appreciate, but I love it nonetheless. So I thought I'd share some of my sweet little boys art some more. These are things I'm sure I will lose over time and so I think this will be a great way to keep it always. In case you can't read what I've written, the above is labeled as Daddy, Baby Hinckley, a Rainbow, spider, and bubbles. Every time he draws things, I ask him, "What is that?" or "Who is that?" And these are the answers he gives me. So I've penciled in the answers. The drawings are all from him. No help from me and no guidance really. I just give him some crayons and paper and tell him to draw me a picture of his favorite things.

This one he said was Jesus on the cross. He's been drawing this one a lot lately. Ever since our FHE on the resurrection during the Easter week.

Here, apparently, was another one.

This was a bunch of red balloons. I know. Random. But I still love it.

And this is Lehi with his Liahona. I guess he loves his Book of Mormon heroes. So there you have it. Four year-old Orion's artwork. Call me a proud mama, but I think I have a special little boy here. And I can't get enough of him.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

He's special, all right. Extra.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Our little swimmer